Finished the Cerastus Knight Acheron 

Today i want to share some pictures of my cerastes knight acheron. I finished my cerastus knight acheron about a week ago. I really enjoyed painting it.

Regarding the base i imagined the knight walking through the city while searching for enemies. I also wanted to display the knight in a walking animation and not standing with both feet on the ground. This basically means i had only one feet to handle all the weight.  To achieve this i drilled a hole through the feet up to the top of the lower leg and added a pin. So far its holding the weight but you still need to be careful when moving the knight around.
The building itself is mostly made of thermal isolation you should be able to buy in a hardware store. Its easy to cut and does not crumble. Not sure if you can base coat it with a spray can because i just used a dark grey of my normal water based colors to do that. But i would assume its like polystyrene so you better don’t do it. The street surrounding the base is made out of also would mounted on a plastic card.

Hope you enjoy the pictures ! For wip updates follow me on twitter or for finished models go to my instagram account!

The house of flying brushes

I constantly try to improve and making the most out of my workplace. I own a lot of brushes so i needed to find a possibility to store them properly. Having a shelf with hooks got me to the idea that i could probable store more in these unused space underneath it. So i cut some styrodur and pressed it in between the front and the back of the shelf. I attached some toothpicks to the end of the brush and pushed them into the styrodur. You can see how it looked in the picture below.

And it worked for a while ! The major drawback of the idea was basically the toothpick. It often broke if you where not carefully when sticking the brush into the styrodur. A while later i posted the picture of my workspace on twitter and someone mentioned it would be cool to store them with magnets.

Im not sure if the person was sincere with his suggestions but the seed was planted. When i built my cerastus knight acheron i ran out of magnets so i needed to buy some more. I found the magnetic sheeting more by accident but i started to wonder if this couldn’t´t be the possibility to solve the drawbacks of my current solution. So i bought the following stuff.

  • magnetic sheeting, A4, self-adhesive, one mm strong with a  pull of 75 g per square centimeter.
  • A lot of small magnets, N52 , size 3x2mm

i cut the magnetic sheeting into the size i wanted and attached it to the front of my shelf. Then i rasped the end of the brushed until i got a surface roughly the size of the magnets. I then glued a small amount of green stuff  to the end and then pushed the magnets into it. With the left over green stuff i wrapped the magnets. I waited a small amount of time and then attached everything to the magnetic sheeting. I did this because the rasped surface wasn’t complete in the right angle and with the green stuff the gravity would ensure everything was right.

Hope you enjoyed the pictures ! For wip updates follow me on twitter or for finished models go to my instagram account!

Introducing my hive tyrant

Today i want to share some pictures of my  hive tyrant. I finished the model more than a year ago but haven’t uploaded any good pictures to the blog so far.

Hope you enjoy the pictures ! For wip updates follow me on twitter or for finished models go to my instagram account!

hivetyrant_wh40k_tyranids-3

hivetyrant_wh40k_tyranids-2

hivetyrant_wh40k_tyranids-1

Finished the Dimachaeron

Some days ago i finished my newest addition to the tyranid army, the mighty dimachaeron .
Its really a beautiful model that forgeworld has created !

I painted the model during the dreadtober event which takes place every october on twitter. Each person who wants to participate declares at the beginning of the event which model it wants to finish during the month.Last year the event was organized by Greg from feedYourNerd.
This year Joe from Broken Paintbrush organized the event. Each week is dedicated to a specific task which should be achieved during this week. At the end of the week a update report is published to see how far everyone came. You can follow these steps if you want but its also totally fine if you do it your way.I really liked to see everyones progress during this month . As far as i know over 100 people participated in the event. I also want to thank joe for his efforts and dedication towards the #warmongers community on twitter !

Hope you enjoy the pictures . For wip updates follow me on twitter or for finished models go to my instagram account!

dimachaeron_forgeworld_tyranids-5

dimachaeron_forgeworld_tyranids-4

dimachaeron_forgeworld_tyranids-3

dimachaeron_forgeworld_tyranids-2

dimachaeron_forgeworld_tyranids-1

Zoanthrope’s and Venomthrope finished

Today i want to share some pictures of my finished two Zoanthrope’s and one Venomthrope finished. I finished him quite a while ago but haven’t published the pictures on the blog yet.

Hope you enjoy the pictures . For wip updates follow me on twitter or for finished models go to my instagram account!

img_4235 img_4237 img_4234 img_4233

Patriarch Ghosar

Today i want to share some pictures of my finished Patriarch Ghosar. I finished him quite a while ago but haven’t shared pictures on the blog yet.

Hope you enjoy the pictures . For wip updates follow me on twitter or for finished models go to my instagram account!

Patriarch Ghosar

Patriarch GhosarPatriarch Ghosar
Patriarch Ghosar