I finally managed to write down the recipe for my bases. Most of the colors i use are Vallejo colors. The washes used are from games workshop. The pigments are from Secret weapon miniatures.
At the beginning i normally apply the base color for the rock and the sand. Next i spray the sandy areas. After that i apply the washes to sand and rocks. The last painting steps are dry brushing the rocks and the sand. Last is applying the pigments and the vegetation
- Dwarf skin
- Heavy Siena
- Abbadon Black
- Cadmium skin
- Pale flesh
- Ivory White
- Dead white
- Charadon granite
- Heavy Bluegrey
- Grey green
- Flat earth
- Yellow oliv
- Aghrax earthshade
- Ahtonian camoshade
- Nuln Oil
- Clay Brown
- Dark Earth
- How to build the base.
- Create the rocks with different layers of cork.
- Apply a mix of wood glue and sand to the other areas
- Water area
- “Dwarf skin” over the area.
- 2/1 mix of „Heavy Siena“ / „Abbadon Black“ to the lower parts.
- „Heavy siena“ on the raised areas.
- Then apply a 50/50 mix of “Aghrax earthshade” / “Ahtonian camoshade” to the “shore” areas.
- Sandy areas
- Starting with„Dwarf Skin“, then „Cadmium skin” and then „Pale flesh“ mixed in some „Bonewhite“ on top. A little bit of “Aghrax Earthshade” into the recesses and “Athonian camoshade” on the sandy areas.
- Dry brush with “Ivory White” and ” Dead white”.
- Base coat with 3/1 “Charadon granite” / “Chaos Black”.
- Apply a generous wash of „Nuln Oil“ over the rocks.
- Drybrush with a 50/50 „Charadon granite“ /„Heavy Bluegrey“.
- Now dry brush with „Heavy Bluegrey“.
- Apply a mix Secret Weapon Pigment „Clay Brown“ and „Dark Earth“.
- Replacement for “Charadon granite”
- Because the colour is no longer available i experimented a little bit ( actually a lot ) and came up which a mix of colors which are almost like the old “Charadon granite”.
- Mix 1/2/1 with „Grey green“ , „Flat earth“, and „Yellow oliv“.