Due to the demand of @resinjunkie theres a short tutorial how i did the tank tracks on my sicaran battle tank.
Colors you will need:
- Chaos Black
- Mithril Silver (old) or Runefang Steel (new)
- Nuln Oil (wash)
- Vermin Brown (old) or Skrag Brown (new)
Everything was applied on a white basecoat but if you use black it just will come out a little bit darker. Everything was applied with an airbrush except for the wash.
1) Basecoat with “Leadbelcher”.
2) Generous coat with “Nuln Oil”. Be sure that the wash dried. Nothing is more annoying than mess up everything because its still liquid.
3) Sprayed a 50/50 mix of “Chaos Black”/”Leadbelcher” at the center of each chain element.
4) Carefull drybrush on the knuckle points and the edges of the chain element.
5) The last step is a heavily thinned down coat with “Vermin Brown”. Be a little conservative with the first coat. You can always apply more if you think its too less. Basically you can use whatever color you want to simulate the dirt.